All features included as standard
As an admin, you’ll have access to detailed charts, tables and logs of print activity:
- Printer and user charts – Understand how your print resources are being used across your organization.
- Receive comprehensive print logs – directprint.io records each print by user, account codes, print errors and more
- Track costs – find out who is using the most paper and toner, use this information to encourage better print behavior
directprint.io supports two types of secure print. These are:
- On-printer secure print release – Where the printer’s internal secure print capability is used
- Terminal-based print release – Where any printer can be secure print enabled by placing a print release terminal next to the printer
Secure print is the ideal tool for data security compliance and waste reduction.
Smart Draft Mode
Our unique toner/ink saving option helps organizations toner and paper
- Customized print modes – Users can select a suitable print quality (draft, remove images, mono, ultradraft) for their current job – with preview
- Default draft mode – First run prints of large documents can be defaulted to draft mode to save toner
- Eliminating blank pages – Smart mode will ignore blank and 1-liner trailer pages
An easy way to save toner/ink and paper
Set print policies across your organization to cut costs, improve data security and ensure your business is being as environmentally friendly as possible. To see a full list of our print policies, check out our Education or Enterprise pages.
With directprint.io, you’ll be able to apply print policies to an entire Google OU or apply individual rules to groups, locations or individual printers.
G Suite Integration
Fully integrating your printing with G Suite is quick and easy. You don’t need LDAP or other 3rd party systems and there’s no complex setup.
- Sync directprint.io to G Suite – directprint.io will automatically import your Organization Unit (OU) structure – in two clicks.
- Start allocating printers to users, devices or both – For fixed Chrome terminals in the School Library, only show the Library printer, regardless of who logs on. For students logging on to cart-based Chromebooks or carrying 1:1 Chromebooks, have their printer list reflect their classroom rota, regardless of which device they choose.
- Change an OU structure or add users – directprint.io will automatically sync the data.
Full instructions are provided within the directprint.io Admin Console.
So, how does it work?
The directprint.io architecture is simple:
1) A Cloud service for configuration and stats
The directprint.io driver app is a full stack print driver, it replaces the functionality of Cloud Print and the Chromebook’s built-in CUPS print system. Our driver supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), RAW printing protocol (port 9100) plus document formats for all major printer manufacturers / models including Postscript, PCL5e, PCL5c, Airprint(tm), PWG (Printer Working Group) and PDF.
directprint.io Universal Print Driver = no new printers required
The driver also supports custom PDL/PJL so features like secure print and stapling can be enabled on a per printer-basis. There is no need for manufacturer provided drivers, all printers have the same predictable performance. Software for your mixed printer fleet is provided by a single solution – directprint.io: no messy driver deployments, no servers.Start FREE trial